Installation Instructions for LabNEXT Software.
Windows Vista, Windows 7 Security SettingsFor Windows Vista and 7 software can be installed under user account with Administrator privileges. (All users can run installed software). Additionally Installation Control functionality must be disabled for the period of installation. - Navigate to: Control Panel --> System and Security --> User Account Control Settings - Move the slider all way down to the "Never notify" position. - Install the software as shown below. - After installation User Account Control settings can be restored.
I. Run install.cmd file.
1. Insert LabNEXT Software CD.
Setup will install the LabNEXT software and three third party software products required to run the LabNEXT software. Setup wizards of the 3-rd party software products will launch one after another automatically.
All the 3-rd party software products are open source and do not require licensing.
2. Double click on D:\LabNEXT Software CD\install.cmd file.
3. The Widows Prompt window should appear as shown at the picture.
Type a letter of the computer drive you would like to use for the installation of the software and press <ENTER>. Please note that once the letter is selected this drive must be used for all 3-rd party software products.
II. Installation of PYTHON 2.3
Python setup should launch automatically after the base drive is selected.
Please select the same drive for installation of the PYTHON software as you have chosen at the previous step.
Use all default options prompted by the PYTHON installation program.
III. Installation of Python WIN 32 extensions.
Upon completion of the PYTHON installation of Python WIN 32 Extensions should launch automatically.
Use all default options prompted by the Python WIN 32 extensions installation program.
If you are reinstalling LabNEXT software and some parts of the software are already present the following message may appear during the Python WIN 32 extensions installation.
Press <NO> button at this dialog and continue installation with all default options.
IV. Installation of Numeric-23.1 library
Upon completion of Python WIN32 Extensions setup of Numeric-23.1 should launch automatically.
Use all default options prompted by the Numeric-23.1 installation program.
Upon completion of the Numeric-23.1 installation LabNEXT Software will copy automatically on the PC drive. This process may take 1-2 minutes. No manual intervention is required.
V. Connection of the robot
1. Connect power adaptor to the robot.
2. Connect power adaptor to 110v power jack.
3. Connect USB cable to the robot and to the computer. The USB icon at the lower right corner of the screen should indicate connection of a new USB device. There is no need in loading the driver because its already written in the controller memory of the microarrayer.
VI. Copy Shortcuts.
For running LabNEXT programs use shortcuts in the folder C:/LabNEXT/CS.
For convenience the shortcuts can be copied on the Desktop of your computer or any other folder.
All LabNEXT programs can also be start from Command Prompt. See documentation for each program.
VII. Test the installation
1. In the Command Prompt type <jobwizard>. The LabNEXT Job Wizard should launch. Close JobWizard.
2. In the Command Prompt type <manualcontrol>. The Manual Control should launch. Test robot movements and Home operation.